UW Medicine is hiring a Manager of Infection Prevention and Control to join our Center for Clinical Excellence (CCE).
Under the oversight of the CCE Assistant Administrator and the direction of the Medical Director of Infection Prevention, this position will provide program leadership, coordination, and education for the implementation of infection prevention and related patient safety practices. This position will support two hospital campuses in Seattle - UW Medical Center-Northwest and UW Medical Center-Montlake.
- Full time / 40 hours per week
- Primarily day shifts Monday – Friday
- Coordinates to ensure Infection Control coverage 24/7 and may be called upon for occasional consultation and guidance during off hours and weekends
- Partners with the Assistant Administrator and the Medical Director to develop evidence-based policies for infection prevention and control.
- Implements institutional priorities for the prevention of healthcare-associated infections.
- Partners with UW Employee Health for staff/faculty initiatives related to infection prevention.
- Participates in regulatory activities and responds to regulatory requests related to infection prevention.
The Center for Clinical Excellence (CCE) is an innovative approach to the strategic management of quality, safety, and service within the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). The CCE exists to drive the safest, highest quality, most cost effective, service-oriented healthcare by translating UWMC’s strategic focus on quality into measurable results. Our core purpose is to be the catalyst for advancing world-class quality, safety, and service in healthcare. The CCE serves as a resource for quality, safety, and service measurement and improvement and helps to coordinate performance improvement activities through partnership with clinical and administrative leaders.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides clinical leadership and direction for daily Infection Prevention and Control operational activities. Partners with the Assistant Administrator and Medical Director of Infection Prevention to develop evidence-based standards, protocols, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Supervises the work of the Infection Prevention Teams at both UWMC campuses. Plans, assigns, reviews, and counsels the work of staff. Provides staff with opportunities for growth and development within Infection Prevention.
- Leads and provides support for infection prevention surveillance activities across both UWMC campuses. Leads unit and service-based intensive reviews of hospital acquired infections.
- Analyzes and identifies trends and areas for practice improvement for the prevention of hospital acquired infections. Serves as an Infection Prevention & Control resource for faculty and staff.
- Identifies educational opportunities related to infection prevention across the spectrum of healthcare workers. Develops educational materials for patients, faculty and staff. Partners with Employee Health for staff/faculty initiatives related to infection prevention.
- Staffs the UWMC Infection Control Committee and provides subject matter expertise for quality improvement and operational committees and workgroups.
- Leads and coordinates Infection Prevention & Control related regulatory requests, reviews, surveys and other activities.