Under supervision of Director and Simms/Mann Center leadership, function as a team member of a Simms/Mann Center that provides comprehensive psychosocial care to patients with cancer and their families. Provide case-management, assess psychosocial needs, and provide individual, group and family counseling. Serve in patient advocate role for California End of Life Act as per UCLA policy. Identify patients, respond to referrals and meet the wide range of needs of outpatients. Provide referrals for economic, psychological, social, hospice and home health care as needed. Chart all contacts in an electronic medical record. Staff evening monthly lecture series. Update and screen the Center's resource referral network and website, select appropriate information, websites and resources to be made accessible to patients. Attend medical clinics, identify patients and respond to comprehensive psychosocial needs. Participate in program development as required. Participate in training of interns and volunteers. Provide on-call service. Administer and utilize the screening tools to develop appropriate interventions. Work in a complex medical system and assist patients in navigating that system. Provide other related services that promote the Simm/Mann Center and improve the quality of life of the patient and family touched by cancer. Orient new patients (in person and on the phone), walk-in patients and other visitors to the Center’s range of services, directing them toward the services that are the most appropriate to the patients’ particular situations and needs. Develop a thorough familiarity with the Center’s and community resources in order to help patients locate what they need. Participate in program evaluation and in determining the need for new services. Work with other oncology professionals to promote quality of life of patients. Conduct therapeutic support groups. Travel to multiple oncology clinics owned by UCLA. LCSW and oncology experience required.
CSW 2 Salary range: $7,688.69 - $9,186.01 Monthly
CSW 3 Salary range: $8,356.40 - $9,987.26 Monthly
* Master’s degree in social work and licensed in California
* Knowledge of psychosocial and other rehabilitation related problems that arise in individuals with cancer at all phases of their disease and treatments.
* Knowledge of the most common cancers (e.g. breast, colon, prostate, lung and gynecologic) and their treatments.
* Knowledge of psychosocial distress screening instruments. Ability to formulate assessments of psychosocial needs of individuals with cancer. Ability to put these skills to use.
* Skills and knowledge to deliver psychosocial interventions in a medical setting.
* Skills required to facilitate individual, group and family therapy interventions.
* Ability to identify referral sources and to provide referrals for economic, psychosocial and home health care programs.
* Skill in completing and entering patient notes, tracking forms and consultation notes at appropriate intervals into database.
* Ability to understand the mission of the Simms/Mann - UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology and to implement its objectives for the delivery of patient care.
* Ability to provide clinical knowledge to less experienced clinicians including developing didactic trainings, evaluating students, field instructor accreditation.