Primarily responsible for assisting licensed physical and occupational therapy staff with hands on patient care in the hospital setting. Secondary responsibilities include operational support to the department including but not limited to cleaning, supply ordering, and billing reconcilitation tasks.
Salary Range: 20.46-28.00 Hourly
* Working experience in hospital setting and/or Therapy setting - preferred
* BLS from AHA or ARC
* More than 6 months of relevant Rehab Aide experience qualifies for Rehab Aide 2 title.
* Ability to safely perform repetitive bending, stooping, squatting, standing, sitting during an eight to ten-hour day.
* Normal duties involve frequent lifting (up to 35 pounds), transferring patients, pushing a wheelchair up to 500 feet.
* Sufficient dexterity and strength to perform standard duties including assisting in patient care, documentation and equipment use.
* Skill in making appropriate and effective decisions based on the needs of the patients, priorities of the department, and the department and medical center’s policies and procedures.
* Familiarity with basic computer functions including word processing programs and online mail systems.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy.
* Ability to set-up all treatment modalities and equipment
* Ability to assist in manual exercise, gait training and isokinetic exercise.
* Knowledge of precautions and potential problems related to assigned patient care activities.
* Ability to identify the need for and utilize appropriate safety and/or emergency techniques, CPR, water safety, protection of patient lines and drains and infection control.
* Ability to communicate effectively (in written and verbal form) with patients, caregivers, peers, other health care professionals, and managers.