Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
Main Campus Jackson
Social Worker I - CIDA - Mississippi Horizons - SOM - Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
To provide patient and family members with the education and advice needed to cope with issues which arise from various emotional or physical problems. To coordinate a variety of services including crisis intervention, bereavement, client advocacy, referrals, prevention, education, discharge planning and implementation, and psychosocial assessments to collaborate in the development and implementation of performance improvement initiatives.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or higher in Social Work (BSW) and licensed in the state of Mississippi.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Mississippi licensure (LSW)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Previous case management/discharge placement experience preferred; previous sw clinical experience preferred. Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; psycho-social methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders. Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions and for counseling and guidance. Ability to coordinate all aspects of the discharge planning and placement process while working collaboratively with the triad team members and other healthcare team staff. Previous experience as a clinical social worker within an acute care facility preferably in the assigned service line. 1-3 years of discharge planning experience preferred. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Ability to gather, record, and analyze data. Ability to assist individuals in recognizing and solving problems.
- Conducts and documents detailed psycho-social assessments/evaluations to interpret social, environmental, and medical needs of the patient/family.
- Reassesses, monitors, and documents discharge planning needs and interventions. Ensures that medical coverage is obtained by securing the appropriate documentation and materials. Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care and recommends alternative plans as needed.
- Provides or supervises plan of care interventions to include resource and referral assistance, crisis intervention, prevention, education, patient advocacy, bereavement, therapy, and other assistance as appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison with the community resources and their staff to facilitate smooth transition and placement of the patients within the assigned service line.
- Collaborates with other healthcare team members to facilitate the interdisciplinary care of patients and achievement of positive outcomes.
- Provides or supervises plan of care interventions to include resource and referral assistance.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives to include data collection and analysis, development, and participation in continuing education programs.
- Exhibits a positive and professional attitude as exhibited in behavior and productivity.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to bio-hazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, frequent climbing, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):