Venice Family Clinic is a leader in providing comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to people in need with compassion, dignity and respect. In November 2021, Venice Family Clinic merged with South Bay Family Health Care, uniting more than a century of experience helping patients regardless of their income, insurance or immigration status. The organization now has more than 500 staff who serve 45,000 people from the Santa Monica Mountains through the South Bay. We have 17 locations plus 2 mobile clinics and an expansive street medicine program for people experiencing homelessness. Read more about us at venicefamilyclinic.org. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values of the Venice Family Clinic. We believe the professional and clinical environments are enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together.
Come join our Venice Family Clinic team as a Mobile Unit Clinic Operator. This role is responsible for operating the Mobile Clinic Unit (MCU) to various homeless clinic locations, community events, and performing a variety of clerical duties as assigned at clinic sites during clinic hours. The operator will drive a thirty-eight foot MCU throughout Los Angeles, set-up, breakdown, maintain and secure during operations. Other responsibilities include basic patient intake and registration.
Salary Range: $22.03 - $43.68 Hourly
* Must possess a valid California Drivers’ License for the class of vehicle to be operated (class B with passenger and airbrake endorsements); must have no license restrictions other than for corrective lenses.
* Ability to travel between clinic sites, and ability to participate in the UCLA DMV Pull Notice system.
* Ability to work effectively with clients and staff of various educational, economic, social and cultural backgrounds.
* Good verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, physicians and public.
* General knowledge of medical setting and medical terminology
* General knowledge of fax, copier, and office computer use
* Ability to move loads up to 50 pounds
* One (1) year experience driving passenger van, tractor-trailer, bus, or similar vehicle. Basic knowledge of motor vehicle repair and maintenance.
* Ability to perform basic vehicle maintenance and coordinate repair services.
* Ability to communicate in Spanish and English.