The Department of Medicine is looking for a motivated Staff Research Associate I to assist in the preparation and submission of clinical trial and other research grant applications, correspondence, memos, reports, manuscripts, PowerPoint presentations and minutes. In this role, you will submit and ensure compliance with all regulatory aspects of research studies including Institutional Review Boards, ensure Good Clinical Practice, assist in recruitment and compliance in studies, draft budgets and assist in contract development with appropriate UCLA staff. You will also assist post docs with maintaining mouse colony breeding, weaning and genotyping. Perform basic molecular biology techniques including PCR, plasmid preparation, gel electrophoresis, gel extraction, as well as basic chemical assays.
Target hourly rate: $24.88-$29.67
* Ability to prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely and efficient manner, and follow through on assignments
* Skill in organizing and maintaining up to date, accurate bookkeeping records on-line and maintaining database records.
* Working knowledge of lab safety procedures
* Skill in establishing and maintaining alpha/numeric files.
* Ability to set up meetings with other faculty and staff.
* Experience in initiating and overseeing Clinical Trials
* Ability to assist with mouse breeding
* Working knowledge of office procedures and standard office systems and knowledge of University policy and organization.
* Ability to gain knowledge of the University’s Extramural funding and gift tender process.
* Knowledge of Endocrinology terminology and studies.