Experienced RN - Registered Nurse - Procedural Endoscopy
Under general supervision, provides nursing care in one of OUMS’s specialty areas.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients.
- Documents patient responses to nursing interventions and prescribed medical treatments; notes all changes in physician order on assigned patients.
- Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatment.
- Obtains and monitors physiological data of patients, observes the physiological manifestations of patients and intervenes when necessary.
- Administers medication as prescribed.
- Initiates, regulates and monitors intravenous infusions and blood products.
- Delivers patient care competently.
- Interacts with family and patient in sharing care plan while in the hospital and at time of discharge.
- Oversees treatment provided by technicians or other service providers.
- Informs patient and family of hospital procedures.
- Makes referral regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel.
- Delegates tasks to support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
Experience: May require completion of orientation and ability to function independently in assigned specialty area prior to being assigned to this position
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire. ACLS (American Heart Association) within 3 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures. Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques. Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to respond effectively to cultural and language needs of patients and visitors. Some computer skills. Ability to work effectively as part of a team providing excellent specialized care.
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.