Experienced RN - Registered Nurse - Neonatal ICU (NICU) Discharge Facilitator
Under limited direction, will coordinate a comprehensive discharge process.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Develops and coordinates a comprehensive program to ensure the smooth transition toward discharge for patients in the NICU, in collaboration with physicians, nurses, social services and case managers
- Oversees the inpatient side of the discharge process and the education of the parents
- Assesses the effectiveness of the program and makes recommendation for change as required
- Ensures that information and assistance is provided in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Works with the physician and parents to ensure an effective action plan for care related to the discharge of the patient
- Ensures that proper documentation is maintained
- May identify and coordinate healthcare resources for the patient and family after discharge
- Ensures that the educational needs of the family are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Nursing Board Approved Program preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years experience as an RN in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
License(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required: Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC). Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire. Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of nursing practices and procedures. Strong clinical assessment skills. Knowledgeable about resources available in the community for use by patients and families. Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Good computer skills needed. Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills.
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.