If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
The Anesthesia Monitoring Technician is an integral member of the anesthesia team required to provide safe, efficient, and cost-effective care. Their role in to assist licensed anesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation, and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia. Anesthesia monitoring technicians work in providing assistance with cardiovascular/open heart anesthesia. They have an advanced role in education, training and providing auto transfusion services (Cell-Saver).
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and troubleshooting abilities for anesthesia delivery system, scavenger system, gas analyzer, and monitoring equipment.
- Expert knowledge in equipment maintenance and servicing including cleaning, sterilizing, assembly, and trouble shooting.
- Inventories, orders, and maintains departmental supply stock consistent with departmental demands.
- Anesthesia supplies and equipment will be cleaned and/or replaced between each surgical case per infection control policies.
- Assures availability of necessary equipment and supplies in each operating room.
- Maintains supplies within the expiration dates and rotates stock supplies.
- Provides advanced perioperative technical support to the anesthesia professional.
- Prepares and assembles IV lines and equipment.
- Prepares and assembles transducer lines and equipment necessary for invasive pressure monitoring.
- Makes available, assembles and assists with the operation of specialized equipment such as emergency airway equipment, rapid infuser/blood warmer devices, infusion pumps, ultrasound equipment, and hemodynamic monitoring equipment.
- Responds appropriately and assists in preparation for emergency/trauma situations.
- Assists and anticipates the needs of licensed anesthesia providers utilizing problem solving, decision making, and priority setting as necessary.
- Demonstrates dependability in participation of anesthesia monitoring technician call coverage.
- Knowledgeable in The Joint Commission accreditation and the Dept of Health policies, procedures, and mandates directly related to anesthesia.
- Participates in a system to support and continually improve the quality and cost effectiveness of anesthesia services.
- Promotes and maintains positive interpersonal and intradepartmental relationships.
- Complies with all departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Proficient at setting up and assisting in various aspects associated with cardiovascular anesthesia.
- Prepares IV lines including spiking fluid warmer, VIP line, and vasoactive drips.
- Assist with placement of arterial line, central line, and Swan Ganz catheter, assuring sterile technique is utilized.
- Zeroing and calibrating hemodynamic monitoring equipment.
- Competently runs labs including ACT, TEG, and I-Stats.
- Assist with the placement of the TEE probe as needed.
- Assists with auto-transfusion cases.
- Available and assists anesthesia provider during critical times.
- Helps transfer patient, IV lines, and hemodynamic lines in preparation for transfer to patient room.
- Provides and documents intraoperative auto-transfusion services as requested for elective and emergency procedures.
- Prepares, assembles, and operates the auto transfusion equipment consistent with department policy and procedure.
- Dependably participates in call coverage for the provision of intraoperative auto transfusion services.
- Ability to train and orient Anesthesia Technicians
- Equipment – Expert level knowledge of anesthesia equipment, auto-transfusion equipment and instrumentation required to perform duties of department.
- Infection Control – Proficient in hospital policy and procedures for cleaning and high level disinfectant sterilization processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Anesthesia Technician Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.