Venice Family Clinic is a leader in providing comprehensive,high-quality primary health care to people in need with compassion, dignity andrespect. In November 2021, Venice Family Clinic merged with South Bay FamilyHealth Care, uniting more than a century of experience helping patientsregardless of their income, insurance or immigration status. The organizationnow has more than 500 staff who serve 45,000 people from the Santa MonicaMountains through the South Bay. We have 17 locations plus two mobile clinicsand an expansive street medicine program for people experiencing homelessness.Read more about us at venicefamilyclinic.org.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values of the Venice Family Clinic. We believe the professional and clinical environments are enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together.
The Physician Assistant will be providing medical careto homeless patients as part of a multidisciplinary IMHT team. This includes attending case conferences anddoing street outreach. The clinical homeof the physician assistant will be at Rose, where they will be providing primarycare services to low income patients including chronically ill adults,pediatrics, gynecology, and homeless patients. The PA works independently providing assessment, management, andfollow-up of patients.
Salary range:$70.65-$95.07 Hourly
* Graduated from an accredited PA Program- Required
* Master's degree in Physician Assistant Program - Preferred
* CA license to practice as a Physician Assistant in California - Required
* Natioanl Certification as PA -Required
* BLS certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association - Required
* Ability to operate a computer to obtain lab results, log clinic visits, and input/retrieve data -required
* Knowledge of disease processes and treatments in patients with chronic disease, pediatrics or gynecologic problems.-required
* Demonstrated ability to supervise clinical support staff-required
* Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively relate to patients, their families, members of the health care team, and the lay and professional community-required
* Ability to perform patient assessments and take appropriate actions-required
* Skill in organizing work flow to accomplish Venice Family Clinic objectives-required
* Skill in writing patient notes, progress reports, correspondence, consent forms and other patient materials-required
* Strong organizational skills to create patient treatment plans and work with multidisciplinary teams- required
* Ability to work independently, set goals and objectives, prioritize work activities- required
* Ability to determine when to function independently and when to request physician intervention -required
Skill in communicating with patients and families in medical Spanish- preferred