Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Main Campus Jackson
RN-Care Coordinator - Cardiology
To support disease management tasks which include clinical responsibilities such as proactive monitoring, assessment, education, and follow-up of patients. To empower patients and their families in self-care practices and motivational and behavioral change modalities. To provide competency-based education to patients, staff, and providers and maintains care management databases.
Education & Experience
Must be licensed as RN for three (3) years. Three (3) years of related RN experience in clinical nursing with chronic disease, utilization review and/or quality management preferred.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Valid RN license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of evidence-based clinical guidelines across a wide variety of conditions and age groups.
Knowledge of care management and resource/utilization management.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints; ability to analyze and solve problems.
Understanding cost and quality issues.
Verbal and written communication skills.
Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of constituencies.
- Provides education and preventive health measures while helping the patient with chronic disease or condition to set behavior change goals.
- Participates in the control of cost effective services that reflect appropriate levels of staff, proper use of equipment, appropriate use of supplies, and effective management patient care.
- Adheres to restorative care philosophy by incorporating principles into direct care provided to residents on a daily basis.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements clinical program components to optimize patient care strategies and goals.
- Demonstrates effective interviewing and assessment skills and integrates new or current techniques to obtain information from the resident/family to plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Provides timely internal/external customer service in a cooperative, professional, and respectful manner.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):