Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in south Minneapolis, is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities and is recognized as an ANCC Magnet-designated hospital. It is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence: cancer care through the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute; the Spine Institute; Neuroscience Institute; Orthopaedic Institute; perinatology, obstetrics and gynecology through WomenCare; physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM; and more. With 5,697 employees, 1,397 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Req ID: 60492
• Assessments - Collects, prioritizes, and synthesizes comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or situation
• Diagnosis - Analyzes assessment data to determine nursing diagnoses
• Outcomes Identifications - Identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient
• Planning - Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
• Implementation - Implements the identified plan
• Evaluation - Evaluates the patient’s progress towards attainment of the outcome
• Quality of Practice - Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
• Education - Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
• Professional Practice Evaluation - Evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and regulatory guidelines
• Collegiality - Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others
• Collaboration - Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice
• Ethics - Acts in an ethical manner
• Research - Integrates research findings in practice
• Resource Utilization - Incorporates factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in planning and delivering patient care
• Leadership - Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
• Environmental Health- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
• New Graduate hires must be a graduate of a nationally accredited school of nursing and inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility
.• Current Allina Health Employees:
Requires a minimum Associate Degree in Nursing for all RN positions
• Non Allina Health Employees:
Bachelor Degree in Nursing is required in all non-specialty areas.
Associate Degree in Nursing may be considered for Specialty areas with a minimum of 1 year of experience specific to the specialty.
• Specialty areas include: Critical Care, Labor and Delivery, Emergency Department, Operating Room and Mental Health
• Current RN licensure in the State of Minnesota (Current WI nursing license for River Falls Hospital)
• Basic Life Support (per American Heart Association guidelines) by completion of orientation.
•Tier I- 2 years of Mental Health experience in acute care setting on a Mental Health Unit required
•Tier II- 1 year of Mental Health experience in acute care setting required
•Tier III- Will consider New Grad RN's with BAN/BSN's
.8FTE(32 hours per week)
8 hour shifts - 4700
Straight Night Shift
Every Other Weekend
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Located in Minneapolis
Population = 380,000
Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul MagazineSt. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living MagazineStar Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.