Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing innovative services and programs, such as the Nasseff Heart Center, United Heart; Vascular Clinic and Vascular Center; neuroscience care through the John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute for the treatment of brain aneurisms, Bentson Family Foundation Neurological Intensive Care Unit, Brain Tumor Center and the Nasseff Neuroscience Center; as well as psychiatry, womens health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
Req ID: 57067
• Assessments - Collects, prioritizes, and synthesizes comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or situation
• Diagnosis - Analyzes assessment data to determine nursing diagnoses
• Outcomes Identifications - Identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient
• Planning - Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
• Implementation - Implements the identified plan
• Evaluation - Evaluates the patient’s progress towards attainment of the outcome
• Quality of Practice - Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
• Education - Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
• Professional Practice Evaluation - Evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and regulatory guidelines
• Collegiality - Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others
• Collaboration - Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice
• Ethics - Acts in an ethical manner
• Research - Integrates research findings in practice
• Resource Utilization - Incorporates factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in planning and delivering patient care
• Leadership - Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
• Environmental Health- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
• New Graduate hires must be a graduate of a nationally accredited school of nursing and inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility
.• Current Allina Health Employees:
Requires a minimum Associate Degree in Nursing for all RN positions
• Non Allina Health Employees:
Bachelor Degree in Nursing is required in all non-specialty areas.
Associate Degree in Nursing may be considered for Specialty areas with a minimum of 1 year of experience specific to the specialty.
• Specialty areas include: Critical Care, Labor and Delivery, Emergency Department, Operating Room and Mental Health
• Current RN licensure in the State of Minnesota (Current WI nursing license for River Falls Hospital)
• Basic Life Support (per American Heart Association guidelines) by completion of orientation.
Tier I – 2-3 years of acute care Geriatric Mental Health experience required
Tier II – 1 year of acute care Mental Health experience required
Tier III- 2 years of acute care RN experience
Tier IV - Will consider New Grad RN's with BSN/BAN and acute care med/surg experienced RN's with BSN.
28 hours a week-8 hour shifts on rotating days and nights
Every other weekend.
RN will orient to MH Emergency Room
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater, the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
Located in St. Paul
Population = 287,000
Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul MagazineSt. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.